Pride Charlotte - TG Adventures in History


My "award winning" presentation, TG Adventures in History, has been scheduled for the Community Stage at 1:20pm at Pride Charlotte 2008, July 26. It will be similar to the presentation I did for the Kappa Beta Christmas party except I will wear only one costume. For those who missed it, TG Adventures in History is a combination of my living history stories and experiences, TG historical notes (primarily ancient history and 19th cenury), and 19th century women's fashion. I will be dressed (hopefully!) in my famous green Civil War gown including the hoop skirt. I am still waiting to hear back from Jeff on a changing room. Otherwise, I might just wear a simple prom dress ;) I invite everyone to attend! I will also be representing CGA at their booth that day which is a huge honor. More information about 2008 Pride Charlotte can be found at http://www.pridecharlotte.com/

Also, I was recently approved for a seminar at this year's SCC. It is scheduled for Sat, October 4 at 9am in the Gardenia Room at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia in Atlanta. This will be over an hour long presentation with a Q&A at the end. You can find more information about this year's Southern Comfort Conference (scheduled for September 30 - October 5, 2008) at http://www.sccatl.org/

The theme for all my presentations is being who you are and following your dreams. I have a dream of being an openly TG living historian and reenactor. I want everyone to have the faith and courage to follow their dreamds even if it's something that has never been done before. My love of history and period fashions is very real, and that is what wins people over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Step Forward Into the Past

Imperfections

She Found