Big Sister is Watching!

First, a short disclaimer: I do have a piece of code through StatCounter that gives me a couple pieces of information about visitors to my blog. First, it tells me where your IP is located (except some that are blocked). Second, it tells me which website you came from to arrive here and which pages you click on while perusing this blog. It does *not* tell me your street address, phone number, credit card numbers, what you're wearing, what you're eating, or what you think of my blog. Whew... don't you feel better? I do this to get a general idea of how people are finding this blog and where they're from. I find this information both fascinating and useful as I find ways to reach more of the tg commuity and world at large.

One thing that also comes through on the click through links is the searches that are used to find this blog. Some are not surprising. "Crossdresser" and "tg/transgender" appear quite often. Many looking for the famous TG prom queen this past summer from Fresno, CA also found me. I didn't mean to steal her thunder as I thought she was fabulous!

However there are some searches where it's quite obvious they were not looking for a transgendered prom queen. One recent search was "special orders at poffie girls." Clearly someone was looking for information about Poffie Girls in Gastonia, NC where I had my wonderful debutante dress experience. I do know this person did not go to any other pages in the blog, but I wonder if she read some of the entry or quickly moved on? My curiosity will have to be just that. I hope she did the first, but who knows?

This is one of the reasons I keep my posts reasonably family friendly. I do like to make a good first impression particularly for those not familiar with our community. Anyone with no interest will indeed move on. However I hope that those with even a hint of interest will stick around a while. I hope my stories are compelling and positive enough to leave a good impression with them. That is just one more way we can continue to affect the hears and minds of the world at large. I hope that person found themselves a nice dress too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Step Forward Into the Past

Imperfections

She Found