New FAQ - Why Do You Crossdress?

I've decided to take a long and winding road approach to redoing my FAQ and then my biography. This could take a while, dear reader, but never fear! There is light at the end of the tunnel! So here's question #1:

Why do you crossdress?

I crossdress because I prefer women's fashions immeasurably to men's fashions. I find men's clothes quite boring and stiff. There is a logical reason for this. Men's clothes are designed to be functional and practical. When there is an opportunity to dress up, the choices are all taken from the same basic model (at least in western culture). Mix and match from collared shirt, tie, coat, and pants. If a man really wants to dress up, then get a black bow tie, a slightly ruffled white shirt, and a black jacket with something called tails. Booooooring.

However we know that women over the past century have moved towards this model as well in many of their clothing choices. Women have taken on more of what used to be traditionally male roles, and this is a good thing. Women have fought hard for this opportunity. This does mean that much of women's fashions have also become more practical. After all, it is hard to move around in a fully skirted floor length dress. So over the years, everyday women's fashions have a closer fit to everyday men's fashions.

Having said all the above, women still have many more choices particularly on formal occasions. The choices of color, material, cut, accessories, shoes, hairstyles, etc, etc are literally limitless. As I've written before, this is what attracted me to those beautiful long flowing dresses. Each woman looked unique and stylish. Every man looked pretty much the same. Every woman knows the feeling of putting on that new outfit. It really does change you.

I've only talked about the clothes, but the crossdressing is really just an outward sign of an inner desire. Going out en femme allows me to fulfill what is an ever growing feminine side. The question now might be, "Why do I prefer women's clothes over men's clothes?" or "Why would I go against societal norms for gender expectations?" My feminine side and my resolve to express myself have become so strong in recent years that I can now see through society's expectations. They are quite constraining (literally in the case of a coat and tie). Crossdressing goes well beyond the clothes. It has freed me to express my feminine nature. What a wonderful thing!

In short, the answer is wearing women's clothing even with all the male plumbing, the testoterone raging through my body, and society's expectations of men... despite all that, it allows me to simply be true to myself which is what we all should be. In my case, I have a very strong feminine component which I continue to explore.

Comments

Unknown said…
hello my name is shawn sherman i go by shanigua or shakira i love to crossdress, but i dont know how to tell my parents.i love wearing all types of womens clothing and i love it i wished i was a girl since i was 7 years old
Anonymous said…
Hi Stephanie Marie...
Yes, it all about the clothes for me.. I love all sorts of looks, depending on how I feel...
When I do go out, I go for a conservative basic Jaq Smith look..
I hope to look outstanding, not standing out..
Regards,
Wendy
Anonymous said…
I love nylon lingerie and full skirted dresses. Since age 9 I have been crossdressing and will never give it up!
Anonymous said…
Good for you! It is a step forward from our traditionally sexist society. Womens rights for men.

I congratulate you for going so far in your crossdressing activities. I could only hope to advance as far.

And, you look fantastic. Good job.

Popular posts from this blog

A Step Forward Into the Past

Imperfections

She Found